Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour whale-watching cruise in San Diego
- Cruise along the water, and keep your eyes peeled for whales in their natural habitat
- Enjoy free Wi-Fi
- It’s recommended to dress in layers to suit the weather
Departure & Return
What To Expect
After boarding, pick a spot on the 2-story yacht either on the main level or upper sundeck. It’s recommended to dress in layers, so you won’t get cold out on the water. The yacht is equipped with free Wi-Fi, a snack bar, and multiple restrooms for convenience.
During your time on the water, your guide tells you interesting facts about the whales, their migratory patterns, their ocean habitat, and other species that call the ocean home. Keep your eyes peeled for grey whales. You might just see a quick glance of them popping up from the water, but in many cases, you’ll see them jump up and make a huge splash.
After your cruise is over, make your way off the yacht. The rest of the day is in your hands.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Chances of spotting a whale are exactly the same, whether you choose the morning or afternoon departure. Whales don't wear watches.
- Same goes for the days of the week. Each day has an equal chance of sightings. Whales do not have calendars.
- In the unlikely event that your departure is cancelled due to poor weather conditions, we do our best to contact you in the morning at the phone number you provide. We will reschedule your tour for another day if you like or provide you with a full refund—your choice.
- Guests with wheelchairs can access the vessel and interior main deck. However, the exterior top deck and the restrooms are not ramp accessible.
- No touching the whales. No feeding the whales. No petting the whales. This is whale watching. We watch with our eyes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Indoor and Outdoor Seating
- Most travelers can participate
- The State of California Department of Public Health has issues a new mandate. Masks are required for all individuals in all indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status from December 15, 2021 through January 15, 2022.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Flagship Cruises Events
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms